a holiday centred on Culture, Relax ... and ... unforgettable sunsets
The residence is located in the municipality of Terme Vigliatore (Messina) on the north-eastern coast of Sicily, within the beautiful gulf between Milazzo and Tindari.
The structure is situated next to the beach with a breath-taking view of the Aeolian Islands to the north, and to the south, the Nebrodi Mountains and Etna Volcano.
Fully enclosed, it is the ideal place for families but also for those who want the sea on their doorstep.
There are daily travel connections to the Aeolian Islands from Milazzo (a hydrofoil or ship almost every hour) or from the tourist Port of Portorosa, at a place named Tonnarella in the municipality of Furnari.
The fully-restructured residence which is tastefully furnished, is set in a very peaceful context with a spacious, fully-equipped terrace and swimming-pool directly overlooking the sea.
The location of the residence makes it the ideal starting point for various tourist trips within the province of Messina, as well as many other places of archaeological and touristic interest within Sicily.
Nearby you can visit:
- A beautiful Roman Villa within the same municipality of Terme Vigliatore, only a few kilometres distant from your residence;
- the Greek Theatre of Tindari in the same-named place offers a rich programme of shows during the summer months;
- the Natural reserve of Marinello (municipality of Oliveri) with its wonderful lakes;
- the Jalari Park-Museum , which differs from traditional museums by having the archaeological findings divided among 42 craft shops that populated and animated the life of these ancient neighbourhoods. Along the walkways, the hundreds of sculptures and stone fountains, accompany the visitors on the route leading to self-discovery;
- the nearby centre of Milazzo is characterised by particularly beautiful natural sites like the promontory of Capo Milazzo and the Castle, which rises above the ancient part of the town. It is of uncertain origin, probably Arab. Subsequently developed and enlarged in the Norman and Suabian Ages, nowadays it has been declared a national monument;
- the villages of Castroreale, an ancient medieval citadel and Montalbano Elicona which, perched on a mountain ridge at 900 metres above sea level, offers an interesting recently restored medieval borough.
Daily excursions can be arranged to the Nebrodi Natural Reserve Park, Taormina, Etna and all the little centres at the foot of the volcano, as well as the cities of Cefalù, Palermo, Catania and Messina.
Our staff gladly supplies information on nearby places of interest and the various addresses where you can taste and enjoy the seafood specialities and typical cakes, sweets, desserts of the Sicilian cuisine: the almond paste biscuits, the sweet ricotta-cheese cannoli, the Sicilian cassata, the granite and the wide range of ice-cream flavours.
Transfers to and from the airports of Catania, Reggio Calabria and Palermo, can be arranged as well as car-hire.
To welcome you on arrival you will meet the owners or designated staff memberswho, as well as showing you your apartment, will also show you the communal sharedservices within the residence and will supply you with all the necessary information for your stay.